Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Without health insurance through the ACA, managing my Lipedema will become more difficult

Here is a before and after shot of how my legs looked prior to having compression garments and Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) at the physical therapy dept. at Penrose-St. Francis Hospital. My physical therapist is Lil and she's been working with Lipedema patients for over 20 years.

Unfortunately, with the impending rollback of the Affordable Care Act, it's likely that I will lose my health insurance and will no longer be able to have this physical therapy, meaning that my Lipedema will continue to progress. 

I was so happy to get treatment and to think I may be without it again worries me. It took me years to get a diagnosis and I was so relieved that I could begin treatment. But now it feels like soon I'll be back to square one again. 

Before MLD and compression stockings
After MLD and compression stockings


No comments:

Post a Comment