Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Comparison between normal fat vs. Lipedema fat

I know this is hard to look at, folks, but this is how Lipedema affects women like me who have it. Many women who have this aren't even aware of it. We MUST make people more familiar with rare, genetic disease so women get the diagnosis & treatment they deserve!

Connective tissue & cell walls are up to several hundred times thicker in people who have Lipedema. Again, there is NO cure at this time, so you can only manage it as best you can.

Hopefully, there will be a cure in the near future. I do not want to have this disease progress to the stage where I might lose mobility or have my legs amputated!

To find out more info about Lipedema (known as Lipoedema in the UK) and my personal journey with this disease, please follow this blog & like my FB page, Lippy Legs & All.


(For illustration purposes only. This image is not mine & I do not claim credit.)


No comments:

Post a Comment